It’s been a little while since I last posted.
A few things have conspired for that. The first, and most major is that I just completed a move across town. The amount of time it takes to do that sometimes blows my mind.
On the World Machine front, feature-related progress has been slow. I’ve spent some time working on a feature that is probably not going to appear after all — I’ve currently hit a dead-end in its development. That’s always frustrating, especially when a week of work has to be thrown away or mothballed because of it, but with the time pressures on the WM2 release I don’t have the ability to get it implemented at the moment.
Time has also been funneled towards bugfixing and documentation / web development work. The Beta testers know that there are plenty of bugs remaining, so that will keep me busy for a while yet. More rewarding has been the web-development and doc writing work. I took the time to bring my rusty web skills up to date a bit, learning CSS and other current standards. The new WM website will correspondingly be much more professionally presented, and is something I’m excited about unveiling.
Also, the documentation effort for WM 2 Pro will pay dividends even before the release, as some things that are currently possible aren’t even being explored by the testers, purely because they are undocumented! Revisions to the WM manual, and the creation of a “What’s New” guide should help this.