go ahead. be god for a day.
World Machine helps you create realistic 3D terrain.
Powerful and flexible, World Machine combines procedural terrain creation, simulations of nature, and interactive editing to produce realistic looking terrain quickly and easily.
You can build and export high resolution heightfields, textures, and meshes for your game or rendering software.
Fewer Bugs. Oh, plus a couple other things...
That just might change how you create your terrains.
We couldn't resist adding a host of improvements to this "bugfix release". Learn about the new Colorizer device, Multimonitor support, and much more. How you work with World Machine will change.
Learn what's new in World Machine 2.3
Try or Buy
You can download the Basic Edition and get started right away. No fuss.
When you decide to purchase, for a limited time only special pricing for World Machine 2.3 is available. You can also purchase a site license for your company or organization.Try World Machine now!
* Multithreading support for expander, voronoi, bias/gain, and terrace
* Fix for route points not being deleted
* Fix for groups unable to be deleted
* BT format support now extended to older versions of the format
* Various crash fixes, thank you for your reports!
* Fixed regression regarding bitmap output not showing output properly
* Various smaller fixes
- Fixed crash in Layout View when selecting shapes
- Fixed crash in Bitmap Output when provided bad input
- Fixed crash when loading world file containing out of date session
- Fixed splash screen obscuring the 'about file' dialog when opening file
Adds the following features:
- Mesh Output: Added support for multi-tile UV coordinates during tiled builds
- Added degrees readout to slope selector
Fixes the following issues:
- Dev Channel can't load the 2.3.6 Release channel worlds
- Fixed leftside preview blacking out when large world extents are selected
- Memory conservation status is finally loaded/saved in your world file
- Tiled Build: Fixed bug where text packet data caused tiled builds to fail
- Automation: Fixed automated builds not using memory conservation
- Automation: Automation variables now work correctly inside macros
- Automation: Added additional verbosity to Automation (report settings, build progress)
- Automation: Fixed bug where <tile> sometimes didn't set current extents properly
- Automation: Added console launcher to run WM better from command line: launch with WorldMachineCMD.exe.
- Automation: Added ability to save all console output to a file with WorldMachineCMD.exe <yourfile.tms> -log yourlogfile.txt
And from WM 126.96.36.199:
A number of changes relating to the Colorizer device:
- Fixed gradient blacking out regression introduced in 188.8.131.52. Whoops!
- Added numerical entry ability for color values
- Added numerical entry ability for keypoint value
- Added scrollbuttons to cycle through keypoints
- Improved selection logic to allow you to manipulate closely-spaced keypoints
- World Machine will now indicate build progress in the toolbar with Windows 7 or above.
- World Machine now understands elevation values of 0..1 as a scalar and will automatically interpret to the appropriate meter value. You can override this by appending an "m" to specify meters still.
Here's the changelogs:
A bugfix release to fix the following issues:
- Fixed display corruption issue with NVIDIA Quadro cards
- Fixed issue with sizing slider in file input sometimes responding erratically
- Fixed RGB PNG export failure for >2GB file sizes
- Modified Project Settings dialog to allow you to set the render extent corners more logically (WM will no longer swap corners around)
- Fixed linked sliders issue in Height Selector
- Fixed layout boxes from WM 2.2 not importing correctly
- Reverted command line console modification from previous that sometimes caused crashes when executing a script from the command line
- Added metadata carry-through for PNG format
- PDK: Added 'canonical' query methods for determining if your device should be considered the definitive version instead of a copy (useful for communicating with outside applications)
All of the above plus:
- File Input device now reads the alpha channel information from files and will output on the 'Extents mask' output, if present.
- Fixed a crash on world load error
- Fixed a Library Input crash if the file referred to does not exist
World Machine 184.108.40.206 fixes an issue where occasionally the build process would hang.
If you're run into this problem, make sure you visit the Upgrade Center!